Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hamburger Casserole

HAMBURGER CASSEROLE

What we need: 3 Potatoes, about 2 cups Carrots, Pkg. of frozen Peas, Celery, 1 lb hamburger browned with one diced onion, 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Directions: Slice potatoes and place at the bottom of casserole dish. Slice carrots and place on top of potatoes. Pour enough peas to cover the carrots. slice celery and pour over peas. cover with one can Cream of Mushroom. Layer in the beef and onion. Top with one more can Cream of Mushroom. Pour half can of water over the entire casserole. Bake 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. @ 400* or in crock pot all day.
I took the pictures of the dish before it's cooked. It isn't that pretty to look at when it comes out of the oven, but it does taste really good.

Recipe: BYU 139th Ward Cookbook

Note: I don't use the onion or celery, because if I did, my husband wouldn't eat it. So I usually thrown in some onion powder to give it a little flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment